Why the Need?
- Increased social, business, and regulatory requirements for green responsible use of electricity/accounting for carbon reduction, driving business owners to meet green targets and requirements to meet sustainable goals.
- Governments have committed to the reduction of carbon emissions under national programs to meet various global organisations’ commitment, for example, COP (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, UNFCCC) in which Vietnam is a member and has set a sustainable target to achieve.
- Increasing end Business Owners (for example RE100 companies) committing to green electricity use to control carbon emissions and setting requirements for value chain partners to meet requirements.
- Vietnam, being a key manufacturing hub for intermediate and finalized products, would be subjected to such requirements and targets, especially to certain European markets, which require sustainable manufacturing solutions.
- Serves to educate members on key updates on policies, requirements, economic, solutions to allow members a view on how to plan for green business operations in Vietnam
Role of Renewables and Generation MSC
- Seminar/workshop to create awareness of the renewables policies, legal, economics, and solutions applicable in the Vietnam market.
- To gather all interested parties/experts to have a valuable exchange of outlooks /solutions/experiences and challenges
- To connect Singapore companies and SCCV members with local players and industry experts
- To help grow the membership base and provide additional participation for SCCV
(This charter proposal was made by Mr. Mike Chan – Chair of the Renewables and Generation MSC)