WHY THE NEED?
- To unite Singapore food manufacturers to enter Vietnam for mutual benefit and growth.
- To enhance the co-operation between food manufacturers and supporting industries in the hope of greater economies of scale and bargaining power for Vietnam market.
- To act as a bridge between the relevant government authorities in Singapore and Vietnam, so the food manufacturers so as to respond effectively to the government’s policies in helping to promote the development of the food industry.
- To act as the primary intermediary for local and foreign business matching and contacts.
Role of F&B MSC
- Bridge between Singapore and Vietnam for Food Industry collaboration
- Bridge between Singapore Food Manufacturer (SMF) – Food IG and Singapore Food Manufacturer Assocation (SFMA)
- Conduct food seminar, workshop and conference between Singapore and Vietnam collaboration
- Promote Tasty Food Singapore in Vietnam
- Provide timely information on food safety and regulation in Vietnam to Singapore Food Industry
- Provide additional revenue for SBG through various food activities etc
- Represent the Singapore food industry in Vietnam to discuss on government policy and support in Vietnam market (specially on Food security for Singapore)
(This charter proposal was made by Mr. Teri Teo – Vice-Chair of the Supply Chain MSC)